A

Languages

Intro Text 

Work is underway on the full refurbishment of the Deansgrange Cemetery Lodge.  It is intended that the gate lodge will be used for cemetery staff offices and for public visitors.

 

The Gate Lodge building was built in 1865 using local Killiney granite.

It was built in time for the opening of the cemetery for the sum of £517.

The Lodge was used as the living quarters of the Registrars until the late 1990s, and doubled up as the cemetery office.

An original manuscript framed wall chart map of the cemetery dated 1881 is to be located in the new refurbished entrance lobby.

Back