Role of the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Local Community Development Committee
The LCDC will be a committee of the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and its primary role will be to develop, co-ordinate and implement a coherent and integrated approach to local and community development. This will involve the following:
- Have primary responsibility for Co-ordination, planning and oversight of local development spend
- Bring a more coherent approach to the implementation of local and community development programmes and interventions.
- Drive meaningful citizen and community engagement in scoping, planning, delivery and evaluation of local and community development programmes.
- Ensure a more efficient administration of local and community programmes and delivery structures.
- Develop approaches that focus on learning and feedback.
- Explore and pursue opportunities for additional funding resources.
Functions of the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Local Community Development Committee
The proposed functions of the LCDC is to:
- Prepare the community element of 6 year local economic and community plan
- Co-ordinate, manage and oversee implementation of Social Inclusion, Community Activation Programme (SICAP) including the Local Community Development Programme and the Rural Development Programme (LEADER).
- Ensure effectiveness, consistency, co-ordination and avoid duplication of public funded programmes.
- Pursue co-ordination of all community development programmes.
In regard to these functions the Council will provide administrative support for the work of the LCDC.
Membership of Dún Laoghaire Rathdown LCDC
The membership of the LCDC and the mechanism for selecting these members is prescribed in the legislation and guidance. This membership comprises of a range of statutory and non-statutory socio-economic partners drawn from the Councils administrative area. See attached DLR LCDC membership 2016.