Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council - Notice to Approved Housing Bodies Call for proposals for Capital Assistance Scheme (CAS) 2016
Following recent notification from the Department of Environment Community and Local Government of funding for a Capital Assistance Scheme (CAS) Programme 2016 Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council invites Approved Housing Bodies to put forward cost effective and sustainable proposals to meet the housing needs for priority need as specified in DECLG Call for CAS 2016 announcement.
- Homeless Persons
- People with a disability with a particular emphasis, but not exclusively, on moving people with a disability from a congregated setting into community based living.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council now requests Approved Housing Bodies to submit new CAS construction and acquisitions proposals specifically for the provision of accommodation to meet the needs of all the target groups under CAS; or acquisition proposals specifically for the provision of accommodation to support people with a disability to move from a congregated setting into community based living.
The criteria which the Council will use in assessing the proposals will include:
- The extent to which the proposals address the housing need as identified in the HNA (the HNA of a person with a disability should be carried out in accordance with the NHSPwD 2011-2016 and the ‘National Guidelines for the Assessment and Allocation Process for Housing Provision for People with a Disability, Circular: Housing 49/2014);
- Value for Money – Proposals must be cost effective and fit-for-purpose and will be required to fall within the acquisition guideline thresholds as issued to LAs under Circular Housing 24/2015 of 17 June 2015;
- AHB’s to deliver new acquisition and construction projects in a reasonable timeframe, especially if there are already approved projects that are not yet well advanced; Funding to be drawn down by end of November 2016.
- All AHBs applying for CAS funding must have signed up to the Voluntary Regulation Code and should be aware that regulatory engagement will be critical to all funding commitments as detailed under paragraph ‘Compliance with Voluntary Regulatory Code’ below;
- All applications must comply with the terms and conditions of the Capital Assistance Scheme as set out in Memorandum VCU: 2/02 and be delivered based on the arrangements set out in Circular VHU: 2/08, SHIP 2010/12 and SHIP 2010/13;
- Ability for the funding to be drawn down by LAs by end-November 2016
As part of the appraisal process by local authorities, CAS proposals must take cognisance of rent consideration to ensure that an economic rent is put in place and included within the project appraisal at inception.
There is no specific deadline proposed for the submission of applications in relation to acquisitions under this Circular. Therefore, the funding on offer is available on the basis that it must be drawn down by end of November 2016 at the latest.
Approved Housing Bodies should submit their proposals titled “Call for CAS Proposals” to Senior Executive Officer, Housing Secretariat, Housing Department, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin or email proposal to email@example.com