Phone: 01 2054700
Status: At Tender
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council in partnership with the local community is seeking to develop an active recreation hub to deliver phase 1 development of the Shanganagh Park & Cemetery Masterplan. The proposed development will increase active participation in the county through a multiple of different sports including GAA, Soccer, Baseball, Cricket, Athletics, etc. It will also encourage free play and other forms of unstructured active participation while improving other facilities for everyday park users. The proposed development will be strongly integrated into the parkland setting by introducing significant tree planting, perimeter meadows and encouraging biodiversity.
The following aims and objectives are guiding the development of phase 1;
1. Develop the facilities in collaboration and partnership with the clubs and local community.
2. Provide active recreation facilities in Shanganagh Park in line with the Shanganagh Park & Cemetery Masterplan to meet the current and future needs of the sports clubs.
3. Create multi-use and shared facilities to maximise the available space in the park and make them available for a wide variety of users.
4. Maximise usability and ensure the facilities can be used in an intensive manner.
5. Provide improved facilities for everyday park users including seating, access, viewing areas and seek opportunities for natural play and other forms of active play.
6. Integrate the facilities into the parkland setting while maximising the potential for tree planting and biodiversity.
7. Provide facilities constructed to best practice industry standards.