Ratepayers Support Grant 2023
What are the contact details of the Commercial Rates Section in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council offices?
Commercial Rates Section
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
Fax: (01) 280 5581
There are three Rate Collectors for the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County area. The Rate Collectors are responsible for the collection of rates in their area.
Who is my Rate Collector?
Deirdre Gleeson is the Rate Collector for the area from the County boundary with Dublin City to the centre of Dún Laoghaire. Her areas include Booterstown, Blackrock, Monkstown, Part of Dún Laoghaire from Monkstown towards Royal Marine Road and Stillorgan/Clonskeagh. She can be contacted at (01) 205 4798 or via e-mail at email@example.com
Stephen Moody is the Rate Collector for the area from the centre of Dún Laoghaire to the County boundary with Bray. His areas include part of Dún Laoghaire from Royal Marine Road towards Glasthule, Glasthule, Dalkey, Shankill, Cherrywood, Foxrock. He can be contacted at (01) 2054895 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barbara Hanney is the Rate Collector for the west side of the County. Her areas include Dundrum, Stillorgan, Sandyford, Rathfarnham and Churchtown. She can be contacted at (01) 204 7088 or via e-mail on email@example.com.
Automatic application of grant if your 2023 Rates Bill is €21,857 or less, and:
1. You are already Paying by Direct Debit in 2023; or
2. You sign up to Pay by Direct Debit prior to 1st July, 2023; or
3. You Pay in full by 1st July 2023.
Calculation of Grant:
For 2023, the dlr Ratepayers Support Grant provides for graduated grant payments dependent on the level of rates, with the grant varying from 8% to 14% of the 2017 rates bill. The amount of the 2023 grant payable to qualifying ratepayers will be calculated as follows;
Rates Payable 2017 2023 Grant Maximum Grant
Less than or Equal to €3,000 14% of Rates Bill €420
Between €3,001 - €5,000 12% of Rates Bill €600
Between €5,001 – €10,000 10% of Rates Bill €1,000
Between €10,001 – €20,000 8% of Rates Bill €1,600
Terms and Conditions of the Scheme
1. The relevant property must be a commercially rated property in the Council’s administrative area.
2. Total commercial rates assessed on the rate account must be €21,857 or less.
3.The commercial rates for 2023, including arrears if any, relating to the relevant account or any other account by the rated occupier must be paid in full by the 1st July 2023. This date applies unless an agreement to pay by year end 2023 is agreed prior to 1st July 2023. In very exceptional circumstances, an agreement to pay the arrears only over a longer period may be considered but 2023 rates must be paid in full in 2023.
4. Agreements to pay by year end 2023 require the ratepayer to sign up for direct debit payments prior to the 1st July 2023.
5. Occupiers currently on or newly signed up to direct debit payments are deemed to have an agreement to pay 2023 rates and arrears, if any, by year end 2023. Application of the grant will be made to eligible ratepayers that have adhered to their direct debit arrangement by adjusting their final direct debit payment in November/December 2023.
6. Where a vacant property qualifies for a rates refund/rates vacancy property adjustment then the grant payment will only be payable on that element of the rates bill that does not qualify for a rates vacancy refund/rates vacancy adjustment.
7. Where occupancy of a property is transferred during 2023 the Support Grant may be availed of by the occupier for the relevant period of their occupancy subject to Section 32 of the Local Government Reform Act 2014 (duty to inform rating authority of transfer of relevant property) being complied with.
8. The grant shall apply for the period 1st January to 31st December 2023.
9. Occupiers qualifying for this Support Grant may also qualify for other Business Supports available from the Council.
Section 66 of the Local Government Act 2001, as amended by Section 43 of the Local Government Reform Act 2014, provides that a local authority may provide such financial assistance as it considers appropriate to promote the interests of the local community, including enterprise and economic development interests.
Please note that Local Enterprise Office Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown promotes a range of other financial supports to qualifying businesses based in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown county. Please visit their Financial Supports webpage by clicking here