An Improvement scheme has been developed for Monkstown Village which will improve road safety, traffic management and the public realm.
In summary, the scheme includes:
- Raised signalised and uncontrolled crossing points
- A raised area in the centre of the village
- Two way section in front of the church
- One way (and left only) in front of Goggins
- One way on Clifton Avenue (towards the sea)
- Build outs to slow vehicle turning movements
- Narrowing of the carriageway through the village
- Additional parking on Clifton Avenue
- Upgraded surfaces
Information on the development of the scheme including public consultation is available here: https://dlrcoco.citizenspace.com/transportation/monkstown-village-traffi...