Benefits to Tenants
- Rent Supplement stops and your rent contribution calculated using DLRCC Differential Rent Scheme – based on your income and ability to pay
- Rent is paid weekly via Standing Order or directly using Household Budget
- RAS provides a path to employment/training/educational opportunities as you can avail of these and your rent is adjusted accordingly – no danger of losing supplement or being unable to pay
- Good quality accommodation suitable to your family’s needs
- Security of tenure under the Scheme
How it Works
- To be considered for RAS, an applicant should be on Rent Supplement for a continuous period of 18 months or more, however, where a long-term housing need exists, cases can be reviewed individually.
- Either be living in or have sourced accommodation suitable to your family’s housing needs with a landlord willing to enter the Scheme.
- Any property considered must meet the minimum standards
- All offers of RAS are subject to a clear estate management/anti-social behaviour vetting check.
Any housing applicant, once transferred onto the Scheme, will have their social housing support application closed as RAS is deemed a social housing option
Apply for it
- If you are interested in participating in the Scheme, please follow these 2 simple steps:
- Download and complete RAS enquiry form – this can be either scanned in once filled in and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to The RAS Section, Housing Department, Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire..
- Print off this Declaration of Income form, fill it in and send it in the preferred manner outlined above.
Queries may be directed to email@example.com or any member of staff at Tel: 01-2047008.