The Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS) was introduced to cater for the accommodation needs of persons who are in receipt of Rent Supplement, normally for more than 18 months, and who have a long-term housing need.

How does RAS work?

RAS is a three-way agreement between:

  • The Local Authority and the Landlord,
  • The Landlord and the Tenant,
  • The Tenant and the Local Authority.

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Count Council will seek to enter into a contractual arrangement with the landlord to make housing available to RAS for an agreed term. The terms of this contract will be negotiated between the two parties. Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council will guarantee the rent on behalf of the tenant and will undertake to make the full payment directly to the landlord.

The Tenant will sign a Residential Tenancy Agreement with the Landlord which will be guaranteed. Dún Laoghaire- Rathdown County Council Housing Department will also be party to this Agreement as guarantor of the rent.

The tenants are assessed for rent under our Differential Rent Scheme and pay their weekly rent to the Council in accordance with their income. The security of tenure and protection offered by the Residential Tenancies Board makes living in RAS accommodation a realistic medium to long term option.

If you are interested in the Scheme, please click on the Links to the right or contact us directly at:

E-Mail: ras@dlrcoco.ie

Telephone: 01-2047008





Can I apply for a rent review of more than 4%?

The 4% threshold within Rent Pressure Zones applies unless major refurbishment takes place. These are outlined in this link;                                 


The instructions for this are on the RTB website and then the application for Rent Review follows as above.

How do I apply for a rent review on my property?

You apply using the RPZ calculator on WWW.RTB.IE and then post or email the resulting calculations to the RAS section. A 90 day notice must be given before the new rent takes effect.

Issuing Notice to Quit

In the event of Notice to Quit being served the guidelines are on the RTB website. They must be issued in writing and according to the time outlined according to length of tenancy. This applies to Landlords and Tenants.

Standard of Accommodation

The accommodation must be in accordance with the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations 2017.

What do I do when there is a problem with my property?

If you have a maintenance issue in your property, you must contact your landlord in the first instance. It is the responsibility of the landlord as owner of the property to carry out any repairs to the property. It is the responsibility of the Tenant to maintain the property in a responsible manner and the Landlord should be notified of any issues that may require attention.    

Contact DLR Parks

Contact Info Title 
RAS contact details
Contact Info Details 

Housing Department, RAS Section,

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council,

Marine Road,

Dún Laoghaire,

Co. Dublin

A96 K6C9 

Tel 01-2047008

E-Mail: ras@dlrcoco.ie