ADVANTAGES OF SAME DAY VALIDATION
- Much faster validation process.
- Applicant/Agent can deal immediately with any minor queries the validation team may have with regad to the application.
- Applicant/Agent knows immediately that their application is validated.
To assist you, and the Council, with this process, and to avoid delays for other customers the following should be noted:
Only planning applications for domestic extensions, for residential development of less than 10 units, or non-residential development of less than 1,000 sq.m. will be accepted and validated at the counter. All documentation must be provided by the applicant/agent.
The council advises that the agent/architect should be present to answer any queries that the validation team may have. The application should not be presented by a courier or someone unfamiliar with the proposal and drawings.
- Documentation must be presented and arranged in six separate sets [or 13, in the case of an application involving a Protected Structure]
- Please note that Planners or Planning staff will not be providing general planning advice at this counter.
- This validation service is being provided on a “without prejudice” basis. In accordance with the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (As Amended), it should be noted that an application may be declared invalid at a later date, e.g at Site Notice inspection.
Your co-operation in providing the proper documentation will greatly assist in avoiding delays for other customers who may be waiting to have their application validated.