Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council seeks to facilitate and enable local organisation to lead the development of a range of informal links with towns and cities.
In considering any new linkages with international partners, the following approach and objectives are proposed to be Policy Objectives are proposed to be considered for International relations or Twinning.
Any proposed new links or relationships (from formal twinning / friendship agreements) will be expected to demonstrate that they achieve the following criteria and support in delivering on one or more of the objectives set out
• Shared similarities/ characteristics identified between DLR and candidate area.
• Mutual shared interest and support from community/ business groups for partnership with lead identified for each area.
• Clear aim / focus that achieves wider community benefit for partnership between DLR and the proposed candidate area.
• Fit with DLRCC Local Economic and Community Plan goals and objectives and support in achieving one or more of the key objectives below
• Sustainability and Viability is demonstrated –mutual interest, commitment and resources are demonstrated to support in achieving the aims and maintaining into the future.
Objective 1 : Support the development of Tourism, Sport, Recreation, Heritage and Culture Sectors, and Enhance Links with Diaspora.
Objective 2 : Support the aim to develop Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown as a “Learning County” promoting Education and Lifelong Learning.
Objective 3 : Support and encourage community spirit, public participation and community development for all within the County.
Objective 4 : Support and promote economic development and enterprise and improve the prosperity of the county by attracting new Investment and Enterprise Development.