What we do and how we do it...
- We repair faulty lights and we find out about them by patrolling each area every 2 weeks, contact from members of the public and other stakeholders.
- We upgrade to improve the lit environment. We use a white light source to make seeing colours and identifying objects easier.
- We install new schemes as requested or needed. Our most recent is a new walkway from Corbawn Lane to Rathsallagh Distribution Road.
- Solar powered lights. One such scheme is in the laneway off Eden Terrace, Glasthule.
- Decorative lights. Most of our villages have decorative lights to highlight their heritage and unique identities.
- LED Upgrading. To improve the lit environment and reduce energy and our carbon footprint, while also reducing light pollution and future proofing our stock, we have an ongoing general LED upgrading programme.