Alterations to Council Rented Homes

Telephone number: (01) 2047060 / (01) 2054700 (Ext. 4174)




Disabled Persons Alterations

Housing Department - Level 2

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council

County Hall

Marine Road

Dún Laoghaire

Alteration to Council Rented Dwellings - Medical Grounds

Tenants in our rented homes may apply to us for alterations to their existing homes to make them suitable for tenants who have disabilities or mobility issues.

Alterations include:

• level access showers,
• ramps,
• stair lifts,
• grab rails,
• hoist,
• door widening,
• extensions to the home, if other solutions can’t be found.

Post your application form to the following address: Disabled Persons Alterations, Housing Department – Level 2, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire.


Ramps. Level Access Showers, Downstairs WC's, Grab Rails, Door Widenings, Stairlifts as well as other works necassary to allow the tenant with a disability to live safely in their home.

Yes, the Council will arrange for an Occupational Therapist to complete an assessment of you in your home once we receive your application.

Minor alterations such as stairlifts and grab rails can be completed in a few weeks once we have the Occupational Therapists report.

We currently have a large volume of applications waiting for larger works such as bathrooms and ramps. It is not possible to say exactly how long an applicant will be waiting for works to be complete when they apply.

Applicants living in privately owned properties can apply for a grant to have works doen under the following schemes:

- Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability

- Mobility Aids Grant

More information can be found here:

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council