Icoonography recycling 1
Recycling & Waste

Recycling & Waste Contact Details

Postal Address:

Infrastructure & Climate Change Department,

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council,

County Hall, Marine Road,

Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.


Telephone: 01-205 4700 

Ballyogan Recycling Park; 01-2913600


Email: info@dlrcoco.ie


All Services

Environmental Enforcement Section

The Environmental Enforcement Section deals with complaints relating to Air and Noise Pollution, and Illegal Waste Activities including Backyard Burning, Illegal Waste Collections and Dumping. 

The Section is also responsible for the enforcement of Waste Management legislation.


Ballyogan Recycling Park accepts a wide range of household waste types, and is open to the public 7 days a week. Please see the information booklet for more details.

Eden Park and Shanganagh Recycling Centres are open Monday to Saturday and offer a range of recycling facilities free of charge. 

The Council has a number of "Bring Bank" facilities across the County area for recycling glass, cans and textiles. These include sites at supermarkets and public car parks, that are all provided free of charge to the public.

Please note that commercial waste is not accepted at any of these facilities.

Note Regarding Waste Collection

Dún Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council transferred its household waste collection service to private waste companies in 2010.

 Any person or company engaging in the collection of waste for profit, where the collection of such waste is not incidental to their main business activity, requires a Waste Collection Permit by law. It is an offence under the Waste Management Acts 1996-2015 to operate as a waste collector without a valid permit.

 All applications concerning both new and existing Waste Collection Permits are now processed by the  National Waste Collection Permit Office, based in Co. Offaly. Please visit www.nwcpo.ie  or telephone 057  935 7428 for further information.

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council