Croí Cónaithe Refurbishment Fund

The Vacant Homes Refurbishment Grant provides funding so you can refurbish vacant and derelict homes. It can also be used to renovate properties that have not been used as residential properties before.

To get the grant you must live in the home as your principal private residence when the work is completed.
You can get up to €50,000 to renovate a vacant property and an additional top-up grant of up to €20,000 if the property is derelict.

Properties considered for inclusion must be vacant for two years or more and built before 2008.

Applications may be sent to Vacant Homes Officer, Housing Department, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, or via email to

More details on the scheme, FAQs, and the application form can be found in the 'Related Documents' section on the right-hand side of this page.

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council