Litter Management Plan
Each local authority is required to adopt a Litter Management Plan within its functional area. The principal objective of this plan is to provide information on litter prevention and control activities and the setting of appropriate objectives and targets for a three-year period.
Litter Management Plan 2021-2023
The Litter Management Plan 2021-2023 outlines the Council's targets and objectives for tackling the problem of litter pollution from 2021 - 2023. The Plan also sets out to achieve quantifiable improvements in the prevention of litter across the County.
Annual updates on our progress towards these goals can be found in the document list below.
Draft Litter Management Plan 2024-2026
The dlr Litter Management Plan 2024-2026 outlines targets and objectives for tackling the problem of litter pollution and sets out to achieve, quantifiable improvements in the prevention of litter with the following objectives:
- Prevent and control litter pollution in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
- Eliminate litter black spots
- On-going development of our education and awareness programmes in association with schools and communities
- Support any initiatives, new legislation and actions that arise from the recently published 'Waste Action Plan for a Circular Economy'.
- Ensure rigorous enforcement mechanisms of the Act and Bye-Laws are effective
The Council is seeking views from the public to help inform the final draft of the dlr Litter Management Plan and as part of this Public Consultation process you are invited to provide feedback on the individual sections of the draft Plan.
The closing date for receipt of submissions is 12 noon on Friday, 27th October 2023
You can read the Draft dlr Litter Management Plan 2024-2026 below.