If you need an EMERGENCY PLACEMENT outside of office hours, please contact the Central Placement Service on 1800 707 707. CPS opening hours are Monday to Sunday 10:00am - 10:00pm.

Homeless Assessment and Placement Service

If you are homeless, rough sleeping or at risk of becoming homeless, please contact the Homeless Section on 01 205 4700 or email homeless@dlrcoco.ie to arrange a full homeless assessment.

If you don’t have an application for social housing support with us or a connection to the area, please contact your relevant local authority for help.



Are you renting and worried about losing your home?

If so, please contact Threshold on 1800 454 454. This is a freephone number.

Threshold provide advice and an advocacy service for those who are experiencing housing problems and are at risk of becoming homeless.

Click here to visit the Threshold website for more information.



Have you seen someone sleeping rough in Dublin?

​We would like you to tell us if you see a person sleeping rough in Dublin.


Click here to tell us if you seen someone sleeping rough so that we can help the person access accommodation.

This service is operated by Dublin Simon Community and the Dublin Region Homeless Executive.The main goal of the service is to move people into temporary accommodation and onto independent living.


Click here to visit the Dublin Region Homeless Executive website.

  1. Online at https://payments.limerick.ie/hap/
  2. By phone with Hap Limerick on 061 556 600
  3. Get a Hap Bill Pay Card. HAP Bill Pay Card (issued within 10 days of start day) in any Post Office or any shop displaying the sign to pay your weekly rent. Your local PostPoint shop can be located on www.postpoint.ie.


HHAP paperwork and payments are processed by Parkgate Hall. See contact details below:

Phone: 01 222 6955

Email: homelesshap@dublincity.ie

Address: Parkgate Hall, Homeless Hap, 6-9 Conyngham Road, Dublin 8


If you are already a Homeless HAP tenant and your income has changed, you will need to send proof of your new income (new payslips or confirmation of social welfare payment) and proof of the date that your income changed in order to adjust your differential rent. If you have lost employment or your hours have been reduced, please contact your local Intreo office to avail of a social welfare payment. Once you have proof of your new income please post the documentation to Park Gate Hall, 6-9 Conyngham Road, Dublin 8 or email homelesshap@dublincity.ie.

If you are in private rented accommodation and at risk of becoming homeless, you should contact Threshold. Their details are below.

Threshold Dublin Advice Centre, 21 Stoneybatter, Dublin 7. 
Tenancy Protection Service-National Helpline (Mon-Fri 9-9): 1800 454 454. 
Office Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 9.30-5pm 
Email: advice@threshold.ie
For more details see: Threshold- Get Advice


The Health Service Executive (HSE) will help you if you’re under 18 years. If you’re homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless go to your local Area Health Office and a social worker will help you. If that office is closed, for example it’s after 17.00, go to the local Garda Station and they’ll contact the on-duty social worker who will arrange emergency accommodation for you.

You need to contact the Local Authority you are registered with and inform them of the change in your circumstances and get a letter/ email confirming that your application has been adjusted. Send this to Homeless HAP Section, Parkgate Hall, 6-9 Conyngham Road, Dublin 8 or emailhomelesshap@dublincity.ie.

You will need to bring a form of photo identification i.e. passport; driver’s license etc., proof of income and proof of homelessness (i.e: a sworn affidavit, NTQ verified by Threshold, etc.)

The Initial Assessment involves:

  • Establishing identity;

  • Establishing accommodation history i.e. confirming where you last lived and when, particularly your last permanent address;

  • Establishing support & need for temporary emergency accommodation;

  • Establishing if you are registered or eligible to register with a local authority for social housing support.

You should contact the Department of Social Protection’s, Homeless Persons Unit (HPU). The HPU provides payments under the Supplementary Welfare Allowance Scheme and offers advice on your social welfare entitlements. 

  • Men – Phone 1800 724 724. For more information seeHomeless Persons Unit Men
  • Women and families – Phone 1800 724 724. For more information see, Homeless Persons Unit (Women and Families)
  • Not from Ireland (includes Asylum Seekers, Refugees and persons from EU Accession countries) – Phone 01 858 5100 or access the service directly on 77 Upper Gardiner Street, Dublin 1 from 10am- 11.30am, 2pm to 3.30pm.

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council