Moran Park is situated in front of dlr LexIcon, Dún Laoghaire. It was redesigned as part of the development of dlr LexIcon and now has two squares. The raised upper tier has expansive views across Dún Laoghaire Harbour and includes the dramatic 'Christ the King' sculpture; whilst the lower level includes a green area and planting next to the refurbished Moran House.
Moran Park House, which was acquired by the Council in 1954, was constructed for the Harbour Master in 1845 and was originally known as “Harbour House”. It was renamed Moran Park House in 1961. It is a building of national significance and is recorded as being the location of the first wireless transmission by Gugielmo Marconi on 20th July 1898. Moran park House now houses the Irish Design Gallery.
Moran Park, Queen's Rd, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin