Our Tourism Strategy is the culmination of considerable planning and consultation by ourselves with public and local stakeholders.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown is a highly attractive and accessible tourism destination, steeped in culture and maritime heritage, combining breath-taking coastlines, inviting villages, towns and Dublin Mountains adventures delivering memorable and distinct experiences for visitors.
Our Tourism and Marketing Strategy 2017-2022 (found in related documents on this page) provides a great platform for us to help showcase our abundant natural and cultural heritage and further develop our area as a genuinely top class destination
Following on from extensive consultation with a variety of key stakeholders and the establishment of a Tourism Steering Group the newly adopted strategy has identified three key thematic experiences, which maximise the assets of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown and catering for the desires and interests of tourists visiting the county. ‘Urban Splash!’ (our maritime possibilities), ‘Between the Lines’ (our cultural and literature heritage) and ‘Well Worth the Climb’ (our upland and mountain natural resources) will provide opportunities for engagement with the natural environment and rich cultural heritage. These experiences target the preferences of the key tourist market segments visiting the county, including the ‘social energisers’ and ‘culturally curious’.
The Plan has five key objectives.
- Enhance journey, sense of arrival and information at key arrival points to raise awareness of what is on offer to encourage visitors to stay, explore and return.
- Connect and raise awareness of the network of key visitor experiences from the coast, the mountains, the towns and villages and connect the network of visitor destinations where possible.
- Develop a suite of signature experiences – activities, products and programmes - to showcase the unique characteristics of the destination, meet the needs of its target markets and substantiate the overall brand proposition.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop an integrated tourism offer and effectively address key challenges to support the ongoing growth and development of the tourism industry.
- Implement a new Marketing Strategy for the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown proposition, leveraging the Destination Dublin brand to enhance awareness of the visitor experiences and attract more tourists to the county.
For further information please contact Mr Dave Lawless, Tourism Development at email@example.com or telephone (01) 2047297.