BusConnects is the National Transport Authority’s programme to greatly improve bus services in Irish cities and will also include significant enhancements to both cycling and pedestrian facilities. A key element of the BusConnects project is the Dublin Area Core Bus Corridors Infrastructure Works (CBCs) and the Planning Application for the Belfield/Blackrock to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Infrastructure Works scheme has been lodged with An Bord Pleanála. The submission time frame which ran from Tuesday May 17th to Tuesday July 12th, has now passed. Details of this scheme, including Environmental Impact Assessment Report, Compulsory Purchase Order, Appropriate Assessment Screening Report, Natura Impact Statement and Supplementary Information are all available on the BusConnects website.
At each stage of the BusConnects Non-Statutory Public Consultation process from 2018 to 2020, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council has reviewed the proposals and made submissions to the NTA.
Submissions on the BusConnects Core Bus Corridors (CBCs) Infrastructure Works:
• December 2020 - Round 3 Public Consultation - Submission on CBC Infrastructure Works
• April 2020 - Round 2 Public Consultation - Submission on CBC Infrastructure Works
• May 2019 – Round 1 Public Consultation - Submission on CBC Infrastructure Works
Submissions on the BusConnects Bus Services Network Redesign:
• December 2019 - Round 2 Public Consultation – Submission on Network Redesign
• September 2018 - Round 1 Public Consultation – Submission on Network Redesign