Draft Climate Action Plan 2024-2029
What is the Draft Climate Action Plan?
The draft Climate Action Plan 2024-2029 sets out the actions that will be taken by the Council to prepare our County and people living here for the known impacts of climate change – flooding, sea level rise, extreme weather events and, drought.
The Council is now inviting the public to have their say on the plan and the public consultation can be viewed here.
Where can I view the Draft Climate Action Plan?
The Draft Climate Action Plan, the Strategic Environmental Assessment Environmental Report and Appropriate Assessment Natura Impact Report, will be on display from Wednesday 20th September to Friday 3rd November 2023, at the following locations:
- at Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, A96 K6C9, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) between the hours of 9.00 am to 5:00 pm (Monday to Thursday) and 09.00 am to 16:30 on Fridays.
- Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, Dundrum Office Park, Main Street, Dundrum D14 YY00. Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) between the hours (9.30am -12.30pm & 1.30pm – 4.30pm)
- All branches of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Libraries during Library opening hours.
The Plan is also available to view / download below along with the Strategic Environmental Assessment Environmental Report and the Appropriate Assessment Natura Impact Report.
A series of public information sessions in respect of the Draft Climate Action Plan are planned as set out below:
- The Parish Pastoral Centre, Holy Cross Church, Main St, Dundrum, Co. Dublin, D14 K820 on Tuesday, 03 October from 3.00 pm to 7.00pm.
- The Assembly Hall, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, A96 K6C9 on Tuesday, 10 October from 3.00 pm to 7.00pm.
- The Round Room, The Mansion House, Dawson St, Dublin 2 on Tuesday, October 17th from 4.00 pm to 7.00pm
Any further public consultation events will be advertised during the consultation period via Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council’s social media channels.