Housing Welfare Officer

The Council’s Housing Welfare Officer provides help and support to tenants whose ability to manage their tenancy is compromised due to a variety of complex needs.

Areas where our Housing Welfare Officer (HWO) can advise and help tenants include:
• family and personal difficulties like mental health, financial issues or other personal problems
• overcoming difficulties with managing their tenancy due to disability, illness, money management or adverse and unexpected life events
• referrals to other relevant support agencies and services in the area
In all cases, written consent is needed from the tenant that outlines their willingness to engage with the help, advice and support we can provide. 

To contact the Housing Welfare Officer please call 01-2054700 Ext: 4535 or email housingwelfare@dlrcoco.ie
Referral form can be found here Referral Form

Unfortunately our HWO cannot help tenants in every situation. The following is a list of other statutory and voluntary organisations who are available to help and support people:
• If concerned about the safety and welfare of a child, contact the Child and Family Agency TUSLA.
• If a child is at immediate risk of harm, contact An Garda Siochana
• If a person requires support for issues like suicide or emotional support, contact the Samaritans, Childline, Pieta House
• For general mental health support, contact  Aware, Grow, Suicide or Survive
• For children and young people who need support, contact Childline
Additional support can be provided by the following agencies:
• LGBTQ+ support - LGBT Helpline,
• Support for eating disorders - Bodywhys
• Abuse/domestic violence support - AMEN, Women's Aid, Children at Risk in Ireland (CARI), Rape Crisis Network, SONAS
• Money and debt management support - Money Advice and Budgeting Services (MABS)
• Drug, alcohol and addiction support - Drugs.ie, AskAboutAlcohol.ie
• Legal Aid & entitlements - Free Legal Advice Centres (FLAC)
• Family and parent supports Parentline, TUSLA
• Support for the elderly - SeniorLine, Alone

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council