Maintenance & Repairs

Maintenance and Repairs to your Council Home
Useful Links

Call the Maintenance Section on Telephone: 01-2054700 and follow the instructions during office hours.

If you have an emergency after 5pm or at the weekend ring the Out of Hours Service No: 01- 6778844.



Our Maintenance Section is responsible for managing, repairing and controlling our rented houses.

If you are our tenant, you are responsible for some general, internal, external, electrical and plumbing works. The plain English Maintenance Checklist for Tenants gives you a full list of the repairs that we will carry out and a full list of the repairs that you, must take care of yourself. 

Please find a copy of the plain English Maintenance Checklist for Tenants in the related links and documents section. There is also advice on the following:

a) Airlocks

b) Prevention of Condensation & Mould

c) Preparing for winter

To make a repair request:

Call us by phone: 01-2054700 and follow the instructions during office hours or email

If you have an emergency after 5pm or at the weekend, please call the Out of Hours Service No: 01- 6778844.

The emergency number is for emergencies only – please do not use this number to make general maintenance complaints as you may be responsible for a call-out charge for non-emergency calls.

Note: If you are over 12 weeks in rent arrears, you will only have urgent or emergency repairs carried out to your home. 

How long will it take for repairs to be carried out?

We aim to respond to requests for repairs according to the guidelines below

1)     Emergency

Smoking fuse board, tiles falling off roof

These complaints take 1-3 working days to complete.

2)     Urgent

Leak under sink unit, overflow pipe leaking.

These complaints take 10 working days to complete.

3)     Routine

Replace fire cheeks, replace toilet cistern.

These complaints can take up to 12 weeks to complete.


If you smell gas, call the Gas Networks Ireland 24hr Emergency service number on;

1850 20 50 50  

We will only carry out repairs to your heating system if you are paying the maintenance charge on your rent account. This charge includes a boiler service.

Installation of Pay As You Go Energy Meters:

You should note that in line with the tenancy agreement, a written application must be made to us for permission to have the above type or any meter change made. All energy suppliers require proof of written confirmation from us before a meter change.

Can I make alterations to my home?

If you want to make changes to your home, you must first apply in writing to our Maintenance Section for permission to carry out works. You may also need planning permission for certain works or changes, such as putting in a driveway.

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council