Report a Faulty Street Light HERE
Public Lighting maintains 24,600 lights in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County from laneways to motorways. We are commited to creating the best lit environment for all users of the County of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown. We are the biggest single energy user in the County Council and are working to reduce our energy by 50% by 2030 and 100% by 2050 using the best available technology
What we do and how we do it...
- We repair faulty lights and we find out about them by patrolling each area every 2 weeks, contact from members of the public and other stakeholders.
- We upgrade to improve the lit environment. We use a white light source to make seeing colours and identifying objects easier.
- We install new schemes as requested or needed. Our most recent is a new walkway in the Shanganagh Park, Shankill.
- Solar powered lights. One such scheme is in the laneway off Eden Terrace, Glasthule.
- Decorative lights. Most of our villages have decorative lights to highlight their heritage and unique identities.
- LED Upgrading. To improve the lit environment and reduce energy and our carbon footprint, while also reducing light pollution and future proofing our stock, we have an ongoing general LED upgrading programme.